Announcing… The ALC Alumnae/i Committee!
Over the past year, a committee has been formed with the purpose of reconnecting Alford Lake alums to each other and to camp. This committee is made up of alums representing many decades at camp (some are now parents of ALCers themselves!) and we have spent the past year brainstorming ways to bring past, present, and future ALCers together to celebrate the ALC experience.
We have hosted multiple local events, including “Opening Day” celebrations (house parties on the opening day of camp) and an ALC Halloween Party (attended via Skype from people as far away as Europe!). We’re working on more events for the spring, including gatherings in San Francisco and Denver, and a volunteer day working on a farm run by an ALC Alum in the Boston area. We hope that list is just the beginning of many more opportunities for alums to gather together.
What can you do?
- Become a fan of Alford Lake Camp on Facebook or follow ALC on twitter to receive updates on events and news.
- Attend an event hosted in your area, or suggest an event and/or help host it (we’ll help!). We’re always looking for new ideas for events (house parties, museum trips, sledding parties, trivia nights, beach days…), so please contact us with suggestions.
- Update your contact information and encourage other ALC alums to do the same.
- Serve as a contact person in your area. Share tips on local restaurants, events, etc. to alums who have just moved to your city and help them to connect with other alums.
- Spread the word about ALC and family camp to potential ALC families and counselors to help grow our ALC family.
We look forward to continuing our work to connect and reconnect alums both locally and across the globe, and we welcome your ideas and involvement as we build our committee!
We’re always on the lookout for energetic and enthusiastic alums who can contribute their time and talents to our committee or to organizing local events. Please contact us if you’re interested in becoming more involved at any level! (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Meet the current committee members.